Limpopo Rhino Security Group based in the Limpopo Province as the name suggests – protects 350 rhinos on different properties.
- TO PROTECT & CONSERVE RHINOS IN THE LIMPOPO PROVINCE
- We do not advocate trade or non trade We have only ONE OBJECTIVE ….. SAVE THE RHINOS!
- Establishing an effective proactive and reactive support network
Each property manages their own security but we work together as a team gathering intel and offering incident and tactical support.
- Pro active counter poaching operations.
- Increased farm security and general awareness of surrounds.
- Effective response time from the SAPS rhino task team.
- Dedication from everyone in the group. (Governmental and Private)
- Team work.
- Effective co-ordination and implementation of resources.
- Intelligence co-ordination.
- Support system.
PROTECTING RHINO: How do we protect our rhino?
- Employing armed guards
- Upgrading fencing (electric fences, motion detection cameras etc)
- Joint operations with local authorities
- Liaise with law enforcement agencies and conduct preventative operations.
- Patrols (Aerial, vehicle, foot)
- Training of anti poaching staff
- Training of tracker dogs
- Staff payments
- Informant fees
- We are raising funds to purchase a Bat Hawk - for Aerial Patrol
- We are raising funds to purchase a vehicle for ground patrols and establish an emergency response team to counter any threats to the rhinos in our area.
- Anti-poaching Sign boards in the area.
- Team work
- Monthly meetings to discuss progress, new ideas & past incidents.